Friday 6 January 2017

photographing in golden light.

You always hear photographers say: photograph in the golden hour. This is because the light is very good at those times a day. But why?

Well, early in the morning and the evening light has to go through a lot of atmosfeer. This cuts out the blue light rays. When this happens the light looks contrasty but not harsh like midday sun.

Things to keep in mind when photographing in golden hour.


  • the light changes very quick in golden hour
  • there is less light than at midday
  • the sky will blow out if you expose for the land
Here are some examples of photographs in golden hour. 

silhouette of a black headed gull 

black headed gull

shilouette of a common kestrel

grey lag goose


  I am Claes Touber a Dutch Photographer. My photography spreads from landscape photography to wildlife photography. 


These forms of photography give me more opportunities to capture emotions that will for fill me. Every day there is a new opportunity and a new adventure waiting to capture. 

My work can be found and bought on:
photoblog society6 redbubble portfolio werk aan de muur 500px prime fine art america

For more information contact me at: claestouber@yahoo.com

Support me so i can keep taking photographs and upload them to the blog:
http://claes-touber.deviantart.com/?givepoints

2 comments: