Friday 12 August 2016

Why you need sky detail in a bird in flight photograph!

Photographing birds in flight is not an easy task. You first need to find the bird and hoping it is flying. Then you need to aim you big lens. And the most difficult thing is: what should my exposure be.

In my opinion you always should shoot for retaining detail in the sky. Sometimes you need a clear background in a shot but that should be a blue background. White does not gives the bird full potential.
 My Tips for getting better sky is a bird in flight photograph:

  • underexpose the bird by 1/3 to 2/3 of a stop.
  • shoot in light that's not to bright.
    • early in the morning/evening.
  • always point your shadow to the bird.
    • this means the bird and the sky are being lit by the same light source. 

If you liked this blog-post please share this onto your Facebook page or on twitter.

I am Claes Touber a Dutch Photographer. My photography spreads from landscape photography to wildlife photography. 

These forms of photography give me more opportunities to capture emotions that will for fill me. Every day there is a new opportunity and a new adventure waiting to capture. 

My work can be found and bought on:
photoblog society6 redbubble portfolio werk aan de muur 500px prime fine art america

For more information contact me at: claestouber@yahoo.com

Support me so i can keep taking photographs and upload them to the blog:
http://claes-touber.deviantart.com/?givepoints

No comments:

Post a Comment