Friday 1 July 2016

Wading birds

Blue Heron
Photographing wading birds can be a difficult task because everywhere you look is water. Getting a good shot can be difficult if you are to hazardous. Why? Getting an interesting shot means you need to get on the bird's eye level. When standing on the bank you are to high. Fixing this either lay down on your belly and get really muddy and wet. Or you walk into the water without shoes and your short pants. Keep your gear above the water so you won't ruin your gear. A raincoat for your lens is not enough to keep it safe.
blue heron and Eurasian spoonbill


White stork
There is another option to photograph wading birds. that is get in a boat. A kayak is a great option i want to try out. My experience with kayaks (a side of photographing in them) is that they are more agile than a canoe or old school rowing boat. I photograph wading birds in an area where a lot of people walk their dogs (yes i could choose another area). Standing on the bank people and dogs will ask or bark. Meaning there is more sounds that will scare the birds away.

I hope that i can report on how to photograph from a kayak soon, don`t know when though.

If you liked this blog-post please share this onto your Facebook page or on twitter.

I am Claes Touber a Dutch Photographer. My photography spreads from landscape photography to wildlife photography. 

These forms of photography give me more opportunities to capture emotions that will for fill me. Every day there is a new opportunity and a new adventure waiting to capture. 

My work can be found and bought on:
photoblog society6 redbubble portfolio werk aan de muur 500px prime fine art america

For more information contact me at: claestouber@yahoo.com

Support me so i can keep taking photographs and upload them to the blog:
http://claes-touber.deviantart.com/?givepoints



No comments:

Post a Comment