Friday 2 September 2016

photographing with a monopod.

There are a few reasons why you want to photograph with a monopod. It might seems cumbersome to carry one around but there are some great benefits by using one.

Lately I have been using a monopod more and more for my wildlife photography and macro photography. I will be explaining why i like of for those types of photography.

Wildlife Photography: 

For wildlife photography the main reason to use a monopod is weight of the lenses. But for me it is not the weight. My sigma 150-600mm contemporary and nikon d7200 is just 2.8kg (6.17lbs), so weight is not an issue.
The biggest reason for me is tracking low flying birds. Having the ability to track action better with good portability is a great reason to use a monopod.
Some areas of nature a monopod us good usable like a big flat field, but the woods is not a good place. This is because the birds in the trees are sitting higher so you end up lifting the monopod as well as the lens and body.


Macrophotography: 

Using a monopod for macro photography is for the sole reason of getting extra stability. Macro you need all the stability for creative reasons like shutter speed for background visibility. My macro lens doesn't have image stabilization and it is a 180mm focal length, so getting that slower shutter speed (and lower iso) you need a tripod or a monopod.

i hope you understand that this was all my opinion and you don't need to exactly like i do.    
 If you liked this blog-post please share this onto your Facebook page or on twitter.

I am Claes Touber a Dutch Photographer. My photography spreads from landscape photography to wildlife photography. 

These forms of photography give me more opportunities to capture emotions that will for fill me. Every day there is a new opportunity and a new adventure waiting to capture. 

My work can be found and bought on:
photoblog society6 redbubble portfolio werk aan de muur 500px prime fine art america

For more information contact me at: claestouber@yahoo.com

Support me so i can keep taking photographs and upload them to the blog:
http://claes-touber.deviantart.com/?givepoints

1 comment:

  1. 10 Best Monopod for Photography
    https://photographyarticle.com/best-monopod-for-photography/

    ReplyDelete